How to Apply for Housing
1. Please make sure you read the “Eligibility” section on this page before proceeding to the next step.
2. Before you can fill out the online application form to apply for housing, you must first register for an account. To begin the registration process, please click on one of the red buttons which is entitled “Proceed to Registration Page”.
3. Once a completed application with ALL required documents is received and processed, all applicants go through a criminal background check.
4. The final step to being approved is putting down the deposit.
- An applicant must qualify as an individual or family as defined by Housing Authority of the Town of Jonesboro.
- Head of household must be at least 18 years of age or an emancipated minor by a court of competent jurisdiction, consistent with Louisiana law.
- Family must have annual income at the time of admission that does not exceed the established income limits according to the maximum income by family size established by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (USHUD).
- Applicant and all adult members of the family must consent to a criminal background check.
- Applicant or any member of the family that has ever been convicted of manufacturing or producing methamphetamine on the premises of any federally-assisted housing or any family household member that is subject to a lifetime registration requirement under a state sex offender registration program will not be eligible for housing assistance.
- Applicant and all members of the family must provide documentation of social security numbers for all family members or certify that they do not have social security numbers at the time of initial eligibility interview.
- Applicant and all members of the family must meet HUD requirements on citizenship or immigration status.
- Applicant or any member of the family who currently owes rent or other amounts to Housing Authority of the Town of Jonesboro or any other housing authority will not be offered assistance until the outstanding balance is paid in full.
- Housing priority is only for those displaced by fire.
Documents Required with Application
1. Birth certificates for all members of household.
2. Social Security cards for all members of household.
3. Picture I.D. of Head of Household/Adult members of household.
4. Proof of income (all adult members of household):
- Letter from Social Security and /or SSI
- Last three (3) paychecks if employed
- Child support information
- Other source of income
- DCFS benefits statement